What is Parylene Coating?
Parylene is a unique conformal polymer coating that is applied at ambient temperatures inside specialized vacuum deposition equipment. This unique molecular deposition process, along with parylene’s material characteristics, yields highly desirable surface treatments not readily found in other conformal coatings.
What makes parylene special:
- Ultra-thin coating, starting at 0.5 microns thick
- Truly conformal barrier layer with exceptional moisture and chemical protection
- Superior dielectric strength
- Dry lubricity comparable to PTFE
- Biocompatable and FDA approved for implantable devices
- Adhesion tie layer for drug coatings and hydrophilic coatings